Author Topic: Code Replacement invading other sections  (Read 3171 times)

Offline dbacksjon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Code Replacement invading other sections
« on: November 24, 2009, 04:26:28 PM »
Hi, i am running PM 4.6.2 on a Mac Pro running 10.6.2.

I just noticed something very strange as i was looking through some images from a shoot today. When i opened the image preview pane and looked up at the camera data on the top right it showed the date as "11Chris Young09". Now initially i was like, "What the??" but then I realized it was taking our code replacement values and replacing the date on this pane with that information. So our code replacement file has "24,Chris Young" and our delimitor is "/". So obviously we figured out what the issue was. The question i have for you kirk, et al, is, should this be happening? Is there something in there telling that EXIF or IPTC data in that window pane to read it that way? When i open the IPTC Stationary pad it shows up as the date 11/24/09 and the images uploaded to Photoshelter all had the correct working date so it's not much of an issue, i just wondered if this was a bug in mechanic or just something we have to deal with in that pane? (photo attached)

Thanks!
Jon

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Code Replacement invading other sections
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 04:32:57 PM »
Jon,

Hi, i am running PM 4.6.2 on a Mac Pro running 10.6.2.

I just noticed something very strange as i was looking through some images from a shoot today. When i opened the image preview pane and looked up at the camera data on the top right it showed the date as "11Chris Young09". Now initially i was like, "What the??" but then I realized it was taking our code replacement values and replacing the date on this pane with that information. So our code replacement file has "24,Chris Young" and our delimitor is "/". So obviously we figured out what the issue was. The question i have for you kirk, et al, is, should this be happening? Is there something in there telling that EXIF or IPTC data in that window pane to read it that way? When i open the IPTC Stationary pad it shows up as the date 11/24/09 and the images uploaded to Photoshelter all had the correct working date so it's not much of an issue, i just wondered if this was a bug in mechanic or just something we have to deal with in that pane? (photo attached)

It is not a bug.  Photo Mechanic always attempts to apply Code Replacements when a variable is evaluated.  If you wish to prevent the above from happening, choose a different delimiter character like '\' instead of '/' which is commonly used in dates.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 04:53:25 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline dbacksjon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Code Replacement invading other sections
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 04:34:30 PM »
Thanks Kirk for the quick reply,I figured as much!