Author Topic: Ingest Question  (Read 2839 times)

Offline Williamb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest Question
« on: December 29, 2009, 02:18:10 PM »
I am currently running OS XP SP3.  I downoaded PM a couple of days ago. When I insert a memory card into the reader I expected that the ingest window would open automatically. This is not happening eventhough PM is running.  Also, I did set under general preferences to "on mount of camera disk to open ingest window".  I do get an auto play window open in windows asking me if I want to open PM ingest.

I'm just wondering do I have to manually open the ingest window or should it do it automatically per the preferences I set?  If it should be automatic what should I do next.

Thanks,

William
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 02:24:11 PM by Williamb »
William

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest Question
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 05:59:18 PM »
William,

I am currently running OS XP SP3.  I downoaded PM a couple of days ago. When I insert a memory card into the reader I expected that the ingest window would open automatically. This is not happening eventhough PM is running.  Also, I did set under general preferences to "on mount of camera disk to open ingest window".  I do get an auto play window open in windows asking me if I want to open PM ingest.

I'm just wondering do I have to manually open the ingest window or should it do it automatically per the preferences I set?  If it should be automatic what should I do next.

Is your OS a 32-bit version or a 64-bit version?  If it is a 64-bit version, then the problem is that our AutoPlay handler doesn't work on 64-bit Windows OSes.

-Kirk

Offline Williamb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 07:05:16 PM »
Kirk -

I am running a 32-bit edition of Windows - x86-based PC.

Thanks,

William
William

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 10:17:09 PM »
William,

I am running a 32-bit edition of Windows - x86-based PC.

OK, well then there is hope.  I'd suggest calling our technical support folks at 503-547-2888 tomorrow during business hours and let them work through this with you.  It would be far more effective than going back and forth here via the forums.  It does not matter that you're currently running a trial version of Photo Mechanic, you'll get the same level of support as though you were a licensed user of Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk