Author Topic: Resolution  (Read 4272 times)

Offline csgaraglino

• View Profile
    • Widow Creek
Resolution
« on: December 31, 2009, 08:57:53 AM »
When exporting there is an option for resolution.
This is a fixed number and I am assuming that if I send images of different resolutions, that PM is going to resample them all to the resolution selected, is this correct?

If it is, is there a way to let PM use the resolution of each specific image?
Regards,
Chris Sgaraglino
www.WidowCreek.com

Offline csgaraglino

• View Profile
    • Widow Creek
Re: Resolution
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 09:11:36 AM »
Answered my own question - sems that if I leave the field blank, it uses the native resolution.
Regards,
Chris Sgaraglino
www.WidowCreek.com

Offline Canon Ray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 12:33:22 PM »
I had the same problem. Wonder why the default for Photo mechanic isn't to leave the field blank? I was trying to find out why my 5 MB images were coming out at less than 1MB. Real bummer since I didn't know until after processing a lot of photos first in Canon software, then photo mechanic and then Noise Ninja.

Glad you addressed this. I like the program but the documentation is not so good. It works form the assumption I want to know what a menu item is, instead of from the direction of explaining how to accomplish a task.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 06:23:29 PM »
I had the same problem. Wonder why the default for Photo mechanic isn't to leave the field blank? I was trying to find out why my 5 MB images were coming out at less than 1MB. Real bummer since I didn't know until after processing a lot of photos first in Canon software, then photo mechanic and then Noise Ninja.

Glad you addressed this. I like the program but the documentation is not so good. It works form the assumption I want to know what a menu item is, instead of from the direction of explaining how to accomplish a task.

What version of PM do you use and where exactly is this Resize option located (in which dialog)?
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com