Author Topic: Changing or clearing only some of the fields, but keeping the most important  (Read 1984 times)

Offline fotobarone

• View Profile
Hello everybody,
I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.5.4 and I run Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my Intel-based Mac. I need to make a change in multiple files, such as moving the content of the field "Category" to "Supp Cat 1" and clearing the content of "Source", but always keeping the "Caption" and the "Headline" content. Is it possible?
Thanks, Carlo.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Carlo,

Yes this should be possible with the correct use of the IPTC stationary pad.

You could achieve what you want by setting the Sup Cat 1 field to {category}, and by checking the checkbox (not the one with the plus sign!) of the following field: Source (and as you might likely want to clear Category as you've moved it, this one too).

Then apply this stationary pad to the files you want (easiest is to select them first and then use the appropriate button in the stationary pad).

Note: clearing the category field may need to be done on a second run as clearing it may interfere with moving it (though I think it works in one go; haven't tested it with the particular field).

Hope this helps,
    Hayo

Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl