Author Topic: Incrementing capture time  (Read 1818 times)

Offline DickB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Incrementing capture time
« on: February 04, 2010, 11:49:11 AM »
Hello,

I am running Photo Mechanic 4.6.2.1 on a Mac Power PC with OSX 10.58.  I have several series of images that have totally wrong capture dates and times.  I would like to select each series and set the Capture date as the same date but time incremented by 5 minutes. 

I am a new user so I apologize if this has already been answered.  How can I do this ?

Thanks,

Dick B

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Incrementing capture time
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 12:51:14 PM »
With PhotoMechanic, this is not exactly possible as you describe it. What you can do is adjust the datetime by a certain "delta". This actually works great if your camera clock was set incorrectly (for instance you forgot to adjust to daylight savings time, or a change of timezone).

Select the series of images you want to adjust, then under tools you find the menu entry "Adjust Capture Dates and Times...", select that and now either set the "delta" using the "relative" adjustment, or set the correct datetime of the first image using "absolute" adjustment (in this case PM calculates the delta and adjusts the other selected images accordingly). If you need more help, this is all described in the manual as well, or just come back and ask more questions  :D

Cheers,
    Hayo
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline DickB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Incrementing capture time
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 02:13:08 PM »
Thanks for your help.  Actually the manual was very helpful too.  I can see that I can Adjust Relative but to a constant delta.

But I can adjust all of the images to a constant reasonable Date and then individually change by a small about each time in a series.

It is not so many images only 70. 

I am a long term Aperture user and I am venturing into new water with Photo Mechanic.

Dick B.