Author Topic: 4.6.2 beta problem with Default Folder  (Read 9211 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 4.6.2 beta problem with Default Folder
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 10:25:58 AM »
I'm a bit confused here.  How was it that PM could interfere with Photoshop?  And as far as saving or loading from PM, I would expect that the Default Folder issue would still be present, and would be surprised if my simple changes to enhance copy/paste would have made any difference.

Hopefully Jon at St. Clair Software can find a workaround and I am completely willing to do anything to help him in this endeavor.

So am I. All I know is, when I first tested the original beta, Using my normal workflow (my workflow at football is to make an IPTC stationary pad of the game which is applied to all at ingest, then select individual images and add the relevant caption to that, hit the edit button in PM - which is set to edit in PSCS3 - sharpen and save as JPEG, DF then normally allows me to select the folder to save to underneath) it wouldn't display the DF selection methods. It now does using the new beta, but not when saving direct from PM.

Would you have had PM showing a Navigation Services dialog at the time?  (One of the load/save dialogs.)  Otherwise I can't see how PM could possibly interfere.

-Kirk

Offline Phot_One

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 10:41:41 AM »
I'm a bit confused here.  How was it that PM could interfere with Photoshop?  And as far as saving or loading from PM, I would expect that the Default Folder issue would still be present, and would be surprised if my simple changes to enhance copy/paste would have made any difference.

Hopefully Jon at St. Clair Software can find a workaround and I am completely willing to do anything to help him in this endeavor.

So am I. All I know is, when I first tested the original beta, Using my normal workflow (my workflow at football is to make an IPTC stationary pad of the game which is applied to all at ingest, then select individual images and add the relevant caption to that, hit the edit button in PM - which is set to edit in PSCS3 - sharpen and save as JPEG, DF then normally allows me to select the folder to save to underneath) it wouldn't display the DF selection methods. It now does using the new beta, but not when saving direct from PM.

Would you have had PM showing a Navigation Services dialog at the time?  (One of the load/save dialogs.)  Otherwise I can't see how PM could possibly interfere.

-Kirk

No, as I'd be saving from PS. But when you then move the cursor to where the open folder is underneath the other items on screen to select it (that's the functionality of DF) it doesn't. Under normal conditions, when the load/save dialog displays, DF then takes control with all the relevant items showing around the periphery of the dialog box, relating to that particular program. In the first beta it didn't do that. In this second beta it does. But not when saving direct from PM.

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2010, 04:08:02 AM »
I've only just started using Default Folder a week or two ago, but had noticed some quirks with PM which I hadn't had a chance to pinpoint and see if they were bugs or not.  However I see the latest update from St Clair release on Friday lists amongst the version changes:

•   Fixed a compatibility problem with PhotoMechanic.

Hopefully this will iron out the quirks.