Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Easiest and best way to sort

(1/1)

dmgoodson:
I'm new to PM and really just plan to us it to sort and move images to LR.  Nothing too complicated.

What would be the absolute easiest way for me to do that in PM?  I'm used to the LR method with using P and X.  There I can also leave the Caps Lock on to move through them without having to use an arrow button to go to the next photo. 

Is there an easy way to do this in PM.  I just want to be able to zip through the images really fast (since this is for weddings) marking them as keepers or trash and not using arrows to move to the next image.

Help!   

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: dmgoodson on March 07, 2010, 09:37:30 AM ---I'm new to PM and really just plan to us it to sort and move images to LR.  Nothing too complicated.

What would be the absolute easiest way for me to do that in PM?  I'm used to the LR method with using P and X.  There I can also leave the Caps Lock on to move through them without having to use an arrow button to go to the next photo. 
--- End quote ---

Not being a Lightroom user myself, please tell me what P and X do in Lightroom.

--- Quote from: dmgoodson ---Is there an easy way to do this in PM.  I just want to be able to zip through the images really fast (since this is for weddings) marking them as keepers or trash and not using arrows to move to the next image.
--- End quote ---

You can press 'T' (or 't') in the Preview window to tag an image, or use number keys to rate or set color labels, and you can set a preference to tell the Preview window to advance to the next photo when a tag, rating or color class is set.  Is that what you're looking for?

-Kirk

dmgoodson:
In LR, X is for reject and P is to Select as a pick. 

You can hit Caps Lock and after marking each image X or P, it automatically jumps to the next image in line.

Then at the end, you can Delete all Rejects. 

I'm really just wanting to know if there's anything which will allow me to move smoothly from one image to the next without having to hit the arrow keys?  It moves pretty fast for me if then next image pops up without me having to prompt it with an arrow key.

I'm not too interested in rating each photo, I just want it to either me a Pick or Reject.  Is there a way I can set that up?  Maybe using like a number 1 for Pick and 2 for Reject? 

Then after that's done, can I go back and send all the number 1's to LR for editing and delete all the number 2's?

Thanks.     :)

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: dmgoodson on March 07, 2010, 03:48:25 PM ---In LR, X is for reject and P is to Select as a pick. 

You can hit Caps Lock and after marking each image X or P, it automatically jumps to the next image in line.

Then at the end, you can Delete all Rejects. 

I'm really just wanting to know if there's anything which will allow me to move smoothly from one image to the next without having to hit the arrow keys?  It moves pretty fast for me if then next image pops up without me having to prompt it with an arrow key.

I'm not too interested in rating each photo, I just want it to either me a Pick or Reject.  Is there a way I can set that up?  Maybe using like a number 1 for Pick and 2 for Reject? 

Then after that's done, can I go back and send all the number 1's to LR for editing and delete all the number 2's?
--- End quote ---

Sure.  You can do exactly that.

-Kirk

FVlcek:
And for that, it would be most logical to use Colour Classes. You can configure it in PM's preferences to be able to hit 1-7 keys to set colour class (it's on by default), and you can even configure the colours and tag for each class. With auto-advance turned on, you just press the number and it advances to the next photo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version