Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

A goofy "how to do this" question

(1/2) > >>

JerryL:
Hi there...

Here's the scene:  I have a flat folder that contains some 1200 JPGs.  This should have had both JPGs and NEFs that were generated from the camera, but somehow the NEFs were copied to a separate folder.

We did a first pass of selections, color tagging some 600 files before realizing the NEFs were missing.

I need to have the NEFs color tagged to match the JPGs.  Adding the NEFs back in and viewing as combo (NEF+JPG) makes the color tags appear to go away.  They're still there (confirmed when viewing as non-combo).

Is there a way to color tag the NEFs from the JPGs via PhotoMechanic?

Thanks!
Jerry

Kirk Baker:
Jerry,

--- Quote from: JerryL on March 22, 2010, 10:03:53 PM ---Here's the scene:  I have a flat folder that contains some 1200 JPGs.  This should have had both JPGs and NEFs that were generated from the camera, but somehow the NEFs were copied to a separate folder.

We did a first pass of selections, color tagging some 600 files before realizing the NEFs were missing.

I need to have the NEFs color tagged to match the JPGs.  Adding the NEFs back in and viewing as combo (NEF+JPG) makes the color tags appear to go away.  They're still there (confirmed when viewing as non-combo).

Is there a way to color tag the NEFs from the JPGs via PhotoMechanic?
--- End quote ---

Try using the 'Update IPTC/XMP' command on the Tools menu.  Set the 'Read IPTC/XMP from JPEG' radio button and then perform the Update.

HTH,

-Kirk

Soizic:
No results for me, even if the NEF is in the same folder as the JPG. Update is inefficient.
Sorry

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: Soizic on March 23, 2010, 01:49:43 AM ---No results for me, even if the NEF is in the same folder as the JPG. Update is inefficient.

--- End quote ---

Inefficient?  As in too slow?  Or as in it didn't work as expected?

-Kirk

Soizic:
no work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version