Author Topic: quick one about structured keywords panel  (Read 2146 times)

Offline chardinej

• View Profile
quick one about structured keywords panel
« on: April 10, 2010, 05:09:21 PM »
I am still evaluating the latest version of PM and have it installed on these two machines:

Dual 1.8 GHz G5 running Mac OS X 10.5.8
Macbook Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz running Mac OS X 10.6.3

I have the prefs. synched on both machines.

I've been playing with structured keywords and have set up a file containing information on world bird species (I'm a nature photographer). The file works fine after loading it on either machine but I have noticed a difference in behaviour. On the Macbook, if I do a Find in the structured keywords panel, a Find Results window pops up with all the results of the find in a list. On the G5 machine, no such window comes up and instead I just see the first "hit" from the find highlighted at the end of the hierarchy to the right and I have to get to the next hit by clicking the next button.

Is there an extra setting that I have inadvertently made on the Macbook that brings up this very useful Find Results window? I'd like to have this come up on the G5 as well.

Thanks in advance.

John

John

MacBook Air i5/10.8 (Mountain Lion); PM 5 latest build

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: quick one about structured keywords panel
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 07:00:24 PM »
John,

I am still evaluating the latest version of PM and have it installed on these two machines:

Dual 1.8 GHz G5 running Mac OS X 10.5.8
Macbook Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz running Mac OS X 10.6.3

I have the prefs. synched on both machines.

I've been playing with structured keywords and have set up a file containing information on world bird species (I'm a nature photographer). The file works fine after loading it on either machine but I have noticed a difference in behaviour. On the Macbook, if I do a Find in the structured keywords panel, a Find Results window pops up with all the results of the find in a list. On the G5 machine, no such window comes up and instead I just see the first "hit" from the find highlighted at the end of the hierarchy to the right and I have to get to the next hit by clicking the next button.

Is there an extra setting that I have inadvertently made on the Macbook that brings up this very useful Find Results window? I'd like to have this come up on the G5 as well.

Hold down the Option key and you'll see the name of the Find button change.  Click on it while continuing to hold down the Option key.  A settings dialog will pop up.  Choose how many results causes the Find Results window to appear.

-Kirk

Offline chardinej

• View Profile
Re: quick one about structured keywords panel
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 07:46:58 PM »
Many thanks Kirk!
John

MacBook Air i5/10.8 (Mountain Lion); PM 5 latest build