Photo Mechanic > Support

Un-rotated pictures from Nikon D200

(1/2) > >>

heavymeister:
After ingest with PM I found some of the photos correctly rotated to portrait. Some were not. I selected six of them and used the rotate command (counter clockwise), but only three of them were rotated at all.
The Nikon ingest software does not rotate all photos correctly either.
So where is the bug?
Any ideas what to do?

PM 4.3.7 on MacOS 10.3.9 with Nikon D200

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: heavymeister on August 22, 2006, 03:52:06 PM ---After ingest with PM I found some of the photos correctly rotated to portrait. Some were not. I selected six of them and used the rotate command (counter clockwise), but only three of them were rotated at all.
The Nikon ingest software does not rotate all photos correctly either.
So where is the bug?
Any ideas what to do?

PM 4.3.7 on MacOS 10.3.9 with Nikon D200
--- End quote ---

Photo Mechanic 4.3.7 is pretty old these days.  It was written long before the D200 came out.  You could try a later version, like 4.4.3.2, or if you would like to upload a sample which won't rotate to our server then I'd be happy to take a look at the file.

-Kirk

heavymeister:
Kirk,
as you recommended I'm checking the demo of the latest version:
Still the same - after ingest from the D200 some photos are rotated to portrait, but most of them are not.
The improvement: PM rotates all selected on manual command

Made a comparison to my Ixus: here after ingest all photos appear in correct orientation.

Could the problem be a bad orientation exif tag in the D200?

Greets,
HM

Kirk Baker:
HM,

--- Quote from: heavymeister on August 24, 2006, 04:33:15 PM ---as you recommended I'm checking the demo of the latest version:
Still the same - after ingest from the D200 some photos are rotated to portrait, but most of them are not.
The improvement: PM rotates all selected on manual command

Made a comparison to my Ixus: here after ingest all photos appear in correct orientation.

Could the problem be a bad orientation exif tag in the D200?
--- End quote ---

It could be a bad orientation sensor in the camera.  If you want to upload a sample image, I can take a look at it.  Contact me privately by clicking on my name and sending me a message.  I'll respond with server upload information.

-Kirk

FairfieldPhoto:
I have the same problem with my D2H - inconsisent rotations even though I shoot on a monopod and am not putting the body at an awkward angle where the sensor would be confused as to what is up/down.

I can't afford to be without the body for 6-8 weeks to send it back to Nikon for them to look at it until probably mid-winter.

Could one of you please post a conclusion to this thread if you find something out (PM vs. camera body issue).

Thanks!!!

-Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version