Author Topic: pleased  (Read 5071 times)

Offline chardinej

• View Profile
pleased
« on: April 21, 2010, 01:27:48 PM »
....is an understatement! I've been looking for a good image management program for ages and in the meantime stuck with iView then Expression Media and all its worts. I tried Lightroom, Aperture, Bridge et al. Then a post on birdphotographers.net (I'm a moderator there) prompted me to download a demo of PM and give it a try. Well suffice to say I made the purchase before the demo ran out. PM is truly a remarkable program and I have found very little that it can't do for me as a photographer. The support through these forums is outstanding and the manual is pretty darn good as well. Since I made the purchase one close friend has done the same thing and another is about to make the move. A heartfelt thanks to all at Camera Bits.
John

MacBook Air i5/10.8 (Mountain Lion); PM 5 latest build

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: pleased
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 02:23:16 PM »
John,

....is an understatement! I've been looking for a good image management program for ages and in the meantime stuck with iView then Expression Media and all its worts. I tried Lightroom, Aperture, Bridge et al. Then a post on birdphotographers.net (I'm a moderator there) prompted me to download a demo of PM and give it a try. Well suffice to say I made the purchase before the demo ran out. PM is truly a remarkable program and I have found very little that it can't do for me as a photographer. The support through these forums is outstanding and the manual is pretty darn good as well. Since I made the purchase one close friend has done the same thing and another is about to make the move. A heartfelt thanks to all at Camera Bits.

Thank you for the kind words.  We don't do much advertising so telling your friends about Photo Mechanic is most appreciated.

-Kirk

Offline MikeA

• View Profile
Re: pleased
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 11:06:36 PM »
The support through these forums is outstanding and the manual is pretty darn good as well.

Agreed on both accounts. Recently I've been trying a demo version of one of the major raw converters. There's a user-to-user forum for it, but that I know of, no developers or tech support people at the company ever participate there. Do they "lurk"? Nobody knows. When serious problems arise, users are left to flounder around and advise one another. Sometimes the expert users can help, but as often as not they can't -- and all the while the devs remain silent. Not so here, and this company's outstanding support-forum was one of the reasons that I jumped at buying Photo Mechanic after I'd been using it for a relatively short time.

It couldn't be more obvious: good support -> customer loyalty -> word-of-mouth recommendations and continued upgrades, all of which are part of a business model for success; and it's completely mysterious to me how it is so many companies completely fail to understand this! And then I suppose they must wonder why their sales aren't better. In a word: duh. :-)

I'm in a position in which I could get an inexensive (legit!) copy of one of the major D.A.M. programs -- but nope; I'm going to hang in there and wait for this company's "catalogue version" of Photo Mechanic. I'm sure that the support for it will also be first-rate.
“The wonderful thing about standards is that you can invent as many of ’em as you want.”
– Anonymous cynic