Author Topic: PM or Canon S90 Issue?  (Read 2224 times)

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
PM or Canon S90 Issue?
« on: April 24, 2010, 10:14:26 AM »
PM 4.6.4 and OS 10.5.8
I have a CR2 RAW image taken on March 2, 2010 in a  contact sheet in PM. The thumbnail shows the shot, but now the filename has recently been replaced with the word Expired. Also, when the thumbnail is clicked on to expand to full screen, a grey screen without any image is rendered. The filename does appear at the top of the full screen shot. Any ideas?
Thanks, Richard

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM or Canon S90 Issue?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 02:03:42 PM »
Richard,

PM 4.6.4 and OS 10.5.8
I have a CR2 RAW image taken on March 2, 2010 in a  contact sheet in PM. The thumbnail shows the shot, but now the filename has recently been replaced with the word Expired. Also, when the thumbnail is clicked on to expand to full screen, a grey screen without any image is rendered. The filename does appear at the top of the full screen shot. Any ideas?

Are you sure the date is right? Betas will write the word Expired instead of the filename if the date of the photo is in the future far enough that it is beyond the expire date of the beta.

-Kirk

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 09:16:23 PM »
Kirk: think you're on to something.  ::) This particular shot was taken with a new camera and shows a date of 3/1/11. All the others with the same caption show a date of 3/2/10. I'm guessing I corrected the date on this new camera after taking the one shot. The thumbnail appears in the contact sheet, but the image does not appear (it's grayed out) in the full view. Is the file intact and if so, how do I access it? Thanks, Richard

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 10:17:13 PM »
Richard,

Kirk: think you're on to something.  ::) This particular shot was taken with a new camera and shows a date of 3/1/11. All the others with the same caption show a date of 3/2/10. I'm guessing I corrected the date on this new camera after taking the one shot. The thumbnail appears in the contact sheet, but the image does not appear (it's grayed out) in the full view. Is the file intact and if so, how do I access it?

Without having the file, I can't tell you if it is intact or not.  You should be able to Adjust Capture Dates and Times on it to move it back a year and see if that helps.

-Kirk

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 07:56:20 AM »
Kirk: thanks for the suggestion. Adjusting the date and time brought the image back. Richard