Author Topic: Renaming files from 2 shooters while keeping original filename  (Read 3010 times)

Offline laure

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • laure lillie photographie
Hello,

I am new to this forum.  I am running PM version 4.5.4 on my Mac OS X 10.5.8 Intel Core 2 Duo.

A quick question.  I now have a second shooter for weddings and we both have our initials as the file names coming from our Nikons.   Mine is LLP_0001 and hers EAH_0001.  How can I keep the original initials and while renumbering them after I have sorted by capture time?  So that the files will still read our initials but number them in the correct sequence?

Thanks,

Laure Lillie

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:19:09 AM by laure »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Renaming files from 2 shooters while keeping original filename
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 10:22:00 AM »
Laure,

I am new to this forum.  I am running PM version 4.5.4 on my Mac OS X 10.5.8 Intel Core 2 Duo.

A quick question.  I now have a second shooter for weddings and we both have our initials as the file names coming from our Nikons.   Mine is LLP_0001 and hers EAH_0001.  How can I keep the original initials and while renumbering them after I have sorted by capture time?  So that the files will still read our initials but number them in the correct sequence?

Select all of the photos.  Use the Rename Photos command on the file menu.  For the renaming string enter:

{filenamebase:1,3}_{seqn}

Then click on the "Set sequence..." button and set the sequence number to 0001 and OK the dialog.

Now look at the bottom of the Renaming dialog and you should see some examples of what you're going to get.  If you like what you see, click the Rename button.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline laure

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • laure lillie photographie
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 10:47:51 AM »
Thank you Kirk for responding so fast.

I tried what you wrote and it only says LP_then the number.  How can I get it to keep both LLP and EAH?  I would love for it be like this:

LLP_2380
LLP_2381
EAH_2382
and so forth.

Thanks...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 11:45:13 AM »
Laure,

Thank you Kirk for responding so fast.

I tried what you wrote and it only says LP_then the number.  How can I get it to keep both LLP and EAH?  I would love for it be like this:

LLP_2380
LLP_2381
EAH_2382
and so forth.

Thanks...

Sorry.  Change it to:

{filenamebase:0,3}_{seqn}

That should do it.

-Kirk