Author Topic: Ingest failure on PM 4.6.6 Mac  (Read 2048 times)

Offline vchaney

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest failure on PM 4.6.6 Mac
« on: November 07, 2010, 01:59:03 PM »
Hi,

For some reason PM has stopped ingesting any files from cards or folders. The progress window pops up but instantly completes green (no errors) but the files have not been ingested. I've tried this with a card direct from the camera, a folder on my hard disc and a folder on the card. Incremental ingest is disabled. I've tried cards from two cameras as JPEGS and ORFs

I've reinstalled a clean copy of PM but still no joy.

I've not had this problem with 4.6.6 before today.

Are you able to help?

Many thanks,

Vince

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest failure on PM 4.6.6 Mac
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 04:43:11 PM »
Vince,

For some reason PM has stopped ingesting any files from cards or folders. The progress window pops up but instantly completes green (no errors) but the files have not been ingested. I've tried this with a card direct from the camera, a folder on my hard disc and a folder on the card. Incremental ingest is disabled. I've tried cards from two cameras as JPEGS and ORFs

Have you tried examining the card to see if it has any files on it?
Before you start the Ingest, how many MB of data does the Ingest window say is on the card?

-Kirk

Offline vchaney

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 02:27:39 PM »
Thanks for your reply Kirk.

The ingest window says 142.2 MB on the card. I can see the files in Finder and open them in a Contact Sheet.

I've reformatted the card and tried again but no luck. They are E-3 ORF files if that's of any relevance.

Many thanks,

Vince

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 04:48:59 PM »
Vince,

Thanks for your reply Kirk.

The ingest window says 142.2 MB on the card. I can see the files in Finder and open them in a Contact Sheet.

I've reformatted the card and tried again but no luck. They are E-3 ORF files if that's of any relevance.

That shouldn't matter.  Ingest basically copies anything that doesn't look like a system file.

I have no idea why Ingest would behave the way you describe.  And I'm not sure what to suggest next.  Try calling our support folks at 503-547-2888 and let them know what's going on and perhaps working together interactively will give you a solution.

-Kirk