Author Topic: Levels  (Read 3476 times)

Offline Ole Lind

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Levels
« on: October 16, 2010, 07:49:48 AM »
A simple Levels command in Normal and Luminosity mode alongside the crop tool would be really nice to have before transmitting jpegs by FTP.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Levels
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 12:47:36 AM »
A simple Levels command in Normal and Luminosity mode alongside the crop tool would be really nice to have before transmitting jpegs by FTP.

This request has a long history and great debate around....I still second it, others don't want to see it.
It is the same story as rotation of the crop...
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline nmf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 03:34:46 AM »
I've been hoping for this for a long time aswell. For those of us who need to transmit quickly it would save us taking an image out of Photomechanic, even possibly allowing us to make the edit, amend caption and FTP workflow easier.

I appreciate that others don't want to see this but then they probably want something that I don't (for example I'm not fussed about the cataloging software being developed having long since set up my own system) My hope is that one day very soon somebody at Camerabits can come up with a way of including this request, and FTP from the caption dialog, in a manner that pleases us all. Maybe it could be an editing window that opens similarly to the preview window but for Levels and a couple of other basic editing and proofing tools such as sharpening and rotatable crop ? (I know there are sharpening options elsewhere in the programme but I would rather they were available and controllable at the editing stage)

Offline Paul Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 08:41:50 PM »
Have been requesting this for years. I would personally pay double the current price for PM if it included this feature. Please, please add this.

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 11:33:35 AM »
It would be great BUT only if it doesnt slow down the rest of the program....
Perhaps a plugin or module that would cost extra?
PM is a browser....if you turn it into Lightroom it will slow down like Lightroom.
Bring on the catalog....
Marc

Offline Paul Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 11:44:22 AM »
It would be great BUT only if it doesnt slow down the rest of the program....
Perhaps a plugin or module that would cost extra?
PM is a browser....if you turn it into Lightroom it will slow down like Lightroom.
Bring on the catalog....

I agree that the most important thing about PM is the speed. As others have said, many people have asked for this while many other people think the catalog feature is more important.

Personally, I could care less about the catalog feature which, I would guess, has just as much potential to slow the program down as does the levels feature.

I think your idea of a plug-in is a good one, for both features.