Author Topic: Copy/Paste IPTC field > Date switches to today!  (Read 2219 times)

Offline cyborx

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Copy/Paste IPTC field > Date switches to today!
« on: January 09, 2011, 04:10:22 PM »
Hi Guys,

I am running Photomechanic 4.5.3.1 on an Imac OS X 10.6.5 and I am having a nasty bug I cannot fix.
Ok, I am tagging a lot of photo's of different occasions and dates...
Sometimes I have a bunch of images that are the same subject and date.. so I copy the IPTC of the first image into the others (using copy in IPTC field) but when I paste it to another photo the capture date changes from the original capture date (wich I wanna use!!) into today's date!  ???

I have tried to switch it of in   Preferences > IPTC/XMP > []always use today's date in Stationery Pad
didn't work.. any advice?

Thank you in advance!
Cy

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Copy/Paste IPTC field > Date switches to today!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 05:06:09 PM »
Hi Guys,

I am running Photomechanic 4.5.3.1 on an Imac OS X 10.6.5 and I am having a nasty bug I cannot fix.
Ok, I am tagging a lot of photo's of different occasions and dates...
Sometimes I have a bunch of images that are the same subject and date.. so I copy the IPTC of the first image into the others (using copy in IPTC field) but when I paste it to another photo the capture date changes from the original capture date (wich I wanna use!!) into today's date!  ???

I have tried to switch it of in   Preferences > IPTC/XMP > []always use today's date in Stationery Pad
didn't work.. any advice?

Thank you in advance!
Cy

Before you apply your copied IPTC check the Date field and set the dropdown box to Capture time.
Does it solve your issue?
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline cyborx

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 05:44:06 AM »
@ Szurkebarat

Thank you for your kind support, unfortunately I don't find a dropdown box at Date field in the IPTC screen.
Only things I see are TIME and DATE and a button [TODAY] .. thats it.

I've tried something else > At the IPTC stationairy pad [ CMD + I ] I've unchecked the date box, but that didn't work either.
Still same problem.. If I copy the IPTC from 1 image to another, the capture date jumps to today's date... and with 4000 images to go that is NOT a nice thought :(

Any other suggestions please??
Thank you in advance!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 07:39:18 AM »
@ Szurkebarat

Thank you for your kind support, unfortunately I don't find a dropdown box at Date field in the IPTC screen.
Only things I see are TIME and DATE and a button [TODAY] .. thats it.

I've tried something else > At the IPTC stationairy pad [ CMD + I ] I've unchecked the date box, but that didn't work either.
Still same problem.. If I copy the IPTC from 1 image to another, the capture date jumps to today's date... and with 4000 images to go that is NOT a nice thought :(

Any other suggestions please??
Thank you in advance!

Szurkebarat is describing features that are not in your older version of Photo Mechanic.  They made it into the 4.6.x version of PM.

I don't have any other suggestions for you other than to try a demo of version 4.6 and see if it solves your issue.  Version 4.5.x is no longer being updated since it is not our current release.

-Kirk