Photo Mechanic > Support

PM starts very slow

(1/2) > >>

TDonnelly:
We are downloading the newer version of PM (4432) and some folks say it takes 3 minutes for PM to load. The previous version they had does not. Would you have a solution for that? This does not happen to everyone just some.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: TDonnelly on September 20, 2006, 08:13:59 AM ---We are downloading the newer version of PM (4432) and some folks say it takes 3 minutes for PM to load. The previous version they had does not. Would you have a solution for that? This does not happen to everyone just some.

--- End quote ---

Try the beta of 4.4.3.3 in the Announcements section of the forums.  It has improvements for the case where network drives are not available on startup and take a long time to timeout.

-Kirk

subetha:
PM starts very slow here, too. At least at my PC Desktop (AMD 3000+, 2 GB Ram) - on my Mac Powerbook G4 it starts rather quickly. How can I speed this up?

Regards, Axel Hess

Kirk Baker:
Axel,

--- Quote from: subetha on September 25, 2006, 04:25:34 AM ---PM starts very slow here, too. At least at my PC Desktop (AMD 3000+, 2 GB Ram) - on my Mac Powerbook G4 it starts rather quickly. How can I speed this up?
--- End quote ---

Version 4.4.3.3 has been released.  Have you downloaded and installed Photo Mechanic 4.4.3.3?  You can get it from our download page.

HTH,

-Kirk

Primoz:
I had slow startup issues quite often too. I have no idea why not always, as normaly I don't change much on computer, so it wasn't really logical, why it was slow only occassionaly. I didn't bother too much since I usually come to press center way before event to get stuff ready, so if it took a bit longer to open it did, no big deal.
But I was really surprised when I just installed 4.4.3.3 and it started lot faster (with network drives connected and also disconnected). So whatever you did, it works much better now. Thanks Kirk and Co. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version