Author Topic: How PM recognize if a pic was earlier imported (incremental ingest option)  (Read 1941 times)

Offline pescatore

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • 12-Fotos.de
Hello,

I'm using every time the incremental ingest option to prevent an double import of earlier imported pics.

Yesterday I'm ingesting a card with new and round 2 month old pics, and all old pics, which was ingested earlier was new ingested (append an "A" on the filename)??? How can this occur?

Can you short explain how the identification of earlier ingested pics works. I think I had read something of a special file on the card to identify the card and read out earlier imported pics - is this right - but why I had a double ingest problem?
I'm using PM 4.6.6.

Thanks for a short clarification of the implemented logic.

Uwe
--

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Uwe,

I'm using every time the incremental ingest option to prevent an double import of earlier imported pics.

Yesterday I'm ingesting a card with new and round 2 month old pics, and all old pics, which was ingested earlier was new ingested (append an "A" on the filename)??? How can this occur?

Can you short explain how the identification of earlier ingested pics works. I think I had read something of a special file on the card to identify the card and read out earlier imported pics - is this right - but why I had a double ingest problem?
I'm using PM 4.6.6.

Thanks for a short clarification of the implemented logic.

A file is stored on the card (.pmingest.dat) which has a unique identifier (long number) in it.  That number is looked up for a file that matches it in PM's cache.  If the matching file has been deleted then PM would no longer know about the images that had been downloaded before.  Also, on occasion I have seen cases where if the card was ingested last year, and this year you shoot new photos and ingest again, PM appears to not know about last year's photos still on the card.

-Kirk

Offline pescatore

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • 12-Fotos.de
Thanks for the clarification, Kirk!

What does PM if the write-Lock is enabled on the Card?
In this case PM can't write the identification file - is then an incremental ingest not possible?

Greetings

Uwe
--

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Uwe,

Thanks for the clarification, Kirk!

What does PM if the write-Lock is enabled on the Card?
In this case PM can't write the identification file - is then an incremental ingest not possible?

Yes, that would stop the function from working correctly.

-Kirk