Author Topic: Ingest never opens  (Read 1905 times)

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
Ingest never opens
« on: April 02, 2011, 05:34:59 AM »
Hi I'm using Windows XP and PM 4.6.7 beta 4 and I recently started having problems with the ingest window not opening when I insert a CF card into my reader. When I insert a CF card in my card reader it opens PM as it should but the Ingest Window never appears, this just started happening with the last couple of betas, if I remove the CF card from my reader and reinsert it the Ingest window will then pop up. Any ideas of why this is happening?

Thanks
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest never opens
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 06:51:51 AM »
Ron,

Hi I'm using Windows XP and PM 4.6.7 beta 4 and I recently started having problems with the ingest window not opening when I insert a CF card into my reader. When I insert a CF card in my card reader it opens PM as it should but the Ingest Window never appears, this just started happening with the last couple of betas, if I remove the CF card from my reader and reinsert it the Ingest window will then pop up. Any ideas of why this is happening?

No, but is PM already running when you insert the card?

-Kirk

Offline RonD200

• View Profile
    • Digital Images by Ron Skinner
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 11:37:34 AM »
No PM is not running. When I insert the card Autoplay starts up and I select open or ingest with PM and then PM opens and until recently after PM opened the Ingest window would pop up. Now PM opens, but the ingest window  does not pop up.  If after PM is open and I remove and reinsert the card in my reader then the Ingest window will open.  Checked my PM settings and I have the Ingest Dialog to open when I insert a card.

Thanks
My Gallery - Digital Images by Ron Skinner
My Blog - Ron's Blog

Offline BillyDix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 07:59:23 PM »
I am getting the same under Windows XP. Ingest only shows after I select from the menu not when I place the CF card in the reader. It used to do that on its own.