Author Topic: Ingest Question  (Read 6156 times)

Offline bmeeks

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest Question
« on: October 05, 2006, 08:55:17 AM »
I believe there is a way to have PM ingest a group of files and store them folders according to the DATE SHOT but I don't remember how to do this.

Over the course of a few days I might fill up a 4gb card and when I ingest, all those files are now getting stored in a single dated folder that carries the date of the ingest.  I would like to have PM sort the images into separate folders upon ingest based on the day the image was actually taken.

Is that possible and if so, who do I set up PM to do that?

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest Question
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 09:34:46 AM »
I believe there is a way to have PM ingest a group of files and store them folders according to the DATE SHOT but I don't remember how to do this.

Over the course of a few days I might fill up a 4gb card and when I ingest, all those files are now getting stored in a single dated folder that carries the date of the ingest.  I would like to have PM sort the images into separate folders upon ingest based on the day the image was actually taken.

Is that possible and if so, who do I set up PM to do that?

Yes is is possible and is one of the strengths of Photo Mechanic's Ingest.

Set the Copy Photos popup menu to read "into folder with name" and then in the Folder Name field, enter:

{date}

or if you want a more hierarchical folder system you can do what I do:

{year4}/{month0}

Which arranges my photos into year/month folders.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline bmeeks

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Ingest Question
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 10:16:46 AM »
Thanks, much, Kirk!  I don't quite follow all the instructions below, but I'm sure they'll become clear once I get into the program as you outline.  And I very much will set up the year/month folders as you outline.

--brock