Author Topic: RAW Files! Again!  (Read 4911 times)

Offline Karsten

• View Profile
    • Photographer Karsten Weirup
RAW Files! Again!
« on: October 01, 2006, 12:34:44 PM »
Hello again, a new interesting problem has occured in my professionel life!
When I import pics I Immediately goes to IPTC stationery and write captions and give them keywords (The Master List works great).
So far so good. When I later want's to find some of the pics I go to search and the NEF-pictures shows up like they should in a new contact sheet.
And here comes the problem: after editing them in Nikon Capture they disappear from the sheet. A new search don't bring them back. But when I look in my HD and find them again I can see that alle the keywords and caption are still there but "search" can't see them? Very disturbing.
What to do?

Best Karsten

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: RAW Files! Again!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 04:01:40 PM »
Karsten,

Hello again, a new interesting problem has occured in my professionel life!
When I import pics I Immediately goes to IPTC stationery and write captions and give them keywords (The Master List works great).
So far so good. When I later want's to find some of the pics I go to search and the NEF-pictures shows up like they should in a new contact sheet.
And here comes the problem: after editing them in Nikon Capture they disappear from the sheet. A new search don't bring them back. But when I look in my HD and find them again I can see that alle the keywords and caption are still there but "search" can't see them? Very disturbing.
What to do?

Are you using Capture NX?  What version of Nikon Capture are you using?

I would like to see a sample of one of the files that has been modified by Nikon's software.  Contact me with a personal message by clicking on my name to the left of this message.  I will give you server information so that you can upload a sample file.

-Kirk