Author Topic: Email "Clear" option  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Matt London

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Email "Clear" option
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:22:20 AM »
Hello,

Have recently started emailing pics directly from Photomechanic, was wondering if a "Clear" button could be added to the email window.

Simply because, when you open the window it saves all the previous info you entered for the last email eg in "To", "Subject", "Body" etc.

So a clear button that clears all the fields (as seen in the IPTC box) would be fantastic and save those precious few workflow seconds!

Was also wondering what the drop-down arrows to the right of to, cc, and bcc do.  I can't get them to respond when clicked on, is there a way you can save previous email addresses in those drop-downs.

As ever, thanks for listening.

Matt
Photo Mechanic Enterprise Version 6.0, build 4851. OSX 10.15.6, MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Email "Clear" option
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 10:32:17 AM »
Matt,

Have recently started emailing pics directly from Photomechanic, was wondering if a "Clear" button could be added to the email window.

Simply because, when you open the window it saves all the previous info you entered for the last email eg in "To", "Subject", "Body" etc.

So a clear button that clears all the fields (as seen in the IPTC box) would be fantastic and save those precious few workflow seconds!

We'll consider your request.

Quote from: Matt London
Was also wondering what the drop-down arrows to the right of to, cc, and bcc do.  I can't get them to respond when clicked on, is there a way you can save previous email addresses in those drop-downs.

They list the email addresses of the contacts in your system's Address Book.  You edit the list by using the Address Book application.

-Kirk