Author Topic: Crazy numbers coming up in resolution box when I try and save images as new file  (Read 1391 times)

Offline Glenna

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi There,

I'm on Photomechanic 4.6.9 and on Mac OSX 10.6.8.

QUESTION ONE
A problem started a couple of weeks ago where when I try and save images as a new file (for example, to make them a smaller size) these huge numbers come up in the resolution box. I've tried resetting the preferences dialogue, and I've even tried re-installing photomechanic.

Any thoughts on how to solve this problem? I can erase the number it enters, but every now and then if I'm in a rush I save without erasing that and the result is bad.
SEE SCREEN SHOT

QUESTION TWO
When I do resize images to a smaller size, if it's an image I've worked on in Photoshop CS4, if I just take the big file and resize in Photomechanic, the resolution gets funky. If I manually resize in photoshop and say "Save for Web" then it's fine. Is there a way to do this in Photomechanice where I don't have to do this for every individual image?
SEE SCREEN SHOT 2

Thanks!
Glenna

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Glenna

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
The image in my original post goes with the second question, this image goes with the first question.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Hi Glenna,

There's probably something wrong with Photo Mechanic's preference files. I recommend that you trash the preferences for Photo Mechanic and start over.

I've sent you a private message with instructions on how to reinstall PM.

Regards,

-Jerry