Author Topic: Closed: PM hangs at a specific image  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Closed: PM hangs at a specific image
« on: October 11, 2011, 04:51:49 AM »
When opening a contact sheet with a specific image, PM hangs (beachball) at sorting/filtering the directory (or at quitting the application).

My default view is to hide all files labelled with a specific label, when I change this to apply no  filtering to label, I get PM to display the folder with the images. However, when I then quit PM, it hangs as well.

The directory contains just NEFs (785), and was working well before making some batch image adjustments in NX2. Research showed that PM actually hangs at two specific images; when I removed these from the folder, everything was fine again. The files do not seem to be corrupt though; Capture NX2 was able to open them just fine. However, re-saving these images in NX2 made the problem go away too. Guess there is something special with these files, but what…

If you'd like to research this issue, I can send you the files (I kept a copy of the "bad" files).

PM 4.6.8 (also tested with 4.6.7)
Mac OS X 10.7.1

Cheers,
Hayo
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 12:27:53 AM by Hayo Baan »
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Frederic

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM hangs at a specific image
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 06:14:52 AM »
Hello support,

I have a similar problem with 4.6.8 but on Windows 7-64 (not tested with 4.6.7 as these are new pictures taken after upgrading to 4.6.8), but i have not been able yet to isolate the faulty picture(s) (about 500 NEF files in the directory). Everything is OK when using ViewNX, CNX2 ...

I hope Hayo's pictures will help you to find the problem.

Best regards,
Frédéric

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM hangs at a specific image
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 12:14:25 PM »
Hayo,

When opening a contact sheet with a specific image, PM hangs (beachball) at sorting/filtering the directory (or at quitting the application).

My default view is to hide all files labelled with a specific label, when I change this to apply no  filtering to label, I get PM to display the folder with the images. However, when I then quit PM, it hangs as well.

The directory contains just NEFs (785), and was working well before making some batch image adjustments in NX2. Research showed that PM actually hangs at two specific images; when I removed these from the folder, everything was fine again. The files do not seem to be corrupt though; Capture NX2 was able to open them just fine. However, re-saving these images in NX2 made the problem go away too. Guess there is something special with these files, but what…

If you'd like to research this issue, I can send you the files (I kept a copy of the "bad" files).

Absolutely.  Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

Thanks,

-Kirk