Author Topic: GPS  (Read 8987 times)

Offline Gerd

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
GPS
« on: November 29, 2012, 10:50:40 AM »
Hi, i set GPS data into two images. The second images i opened up in Photoshop and safed that images and set GPS-Data again with PM. Now i can read the GPS data with PM but not in another software (krpano) anymore. No problem with the first image. Any suggestion? Regards Gerd

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: GPS
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 10:55:17 AM »
Gerd,

Hi, i set GPS data into two images. The second images i opened up in Photoshop and safed that images and set GPS-Data again with PM. Now i can read the GPS data with PM but not in another software (krpano) anymore. No problem with the first image.

Please post a sample file (the second one).  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your image file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Gerd

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 06:32:08 AM »
Hi Kirk,
thanks for your fast reply. The original file has 201 MB. I safed the file as, with preserve exif enabled within PM.
Regards
Gerd

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 03:52:43 PM »
Gerd,

thanks for your fast reply. The original file has 201 MB. I safed the file as, with preserve exif enabled within PM.

Your sample image has GPS coordinates in it.  They're in the XMP metadata's EXIF tags.  Your "krpano" software needs to be updated to handle GPS coordinates contained in XMP metadata.

We cannot always update EXIF tags to insert GPS tags (due to restrictions of some EXIF blocks) and when that happens, PM puts the GPS coordinates in the XMP metadata.

-Kirk

Offline Gerd

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 01:03:31 AM »
Thanks Kirk. The strange thing is, that all other images working fine. How to avoid the "restrictions of some EXIF blocks"? Is the problem the export from Phtoshop?
Gerd

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 12:00:38 PM »
Gerd,

Thanks Kirk. The strange thing is, that all other images working fine. How to avoid the "restrictions of some EXIF blocks"? Is the problem the export from Photoshop?

Images saved from Photoshop are usually the source of this issue, yes.

-Kirk

Offline Gerd

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 12:00:48 AM »
Thanks Kirk! Any Ideas to solve this problem?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 06:40:26 AM »
Thanks Kirk! Any Ideas to solve this problem?

Like I said earlier, the software you're using (krpano) needs to be updated to handle GPS coordinates in XMP metadata.

-Kirk