Author Topic: PM Slide Show: Reuse Existing Images?  (Read 2977 times)

Offline dougstroud

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM Slide Show: Reuse Existing Images?
« on: December 07, 2011, 07:06:42 AM »
The export slide show dialogue box has an option to "Reuse Existing Images". What does this do or how does it work? I thought it would use the images in the folder and not create new ones which would help keep space requirements down when exporting to a disc. This does not seem to be the case, upon export it generates all new images in a subfolder.
If there is a way to use the existing images for this slide show could someone clue me in on how to do that please?

Thanks,

Doug

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM Slide Show: Reuse Existing Images?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 07:34:43 AM »
Doug,

The export slide show dialogue box has an option to "Reuse Existing Images". What does this do or how does it work? I thought it would use the images in the folder and not create new ones which would help keep space requirements down when exporting to a disc. This does not seem to be the case, upon export it generates all new images in a subfolder.
If there is a way to use the existing images for this slide show could someone clue me in on how to do that please?

That option causes the exporter to reuse any images it had previously generated.  Generally for web galleries you wouldn't want to use your multi-megapixel images because they would take far too long for your viewers to see.

What is it that you're trying to accomplish?

-Kirk

Offline dougstroud

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 07:59:36 AM »
Hi Kirk,
I am sending a disk out of all the images and want to include a slide show of the same images for those who do not have a slide show player. I am trying to keep it on one disc as I have to send out 12 copies. I have 1000 images which at the resolution they are in now will fit on one disk. I need to be at about a level 3 on my images in the slide show for a decent quality that does not display banding.

btw: I am using the version 4.6.8 on a Mac Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 08:12:57 AM »
Doug,

Hi Kirk,
I am sending a disk out of all the images and want to include a slide show of the same images for those who do not have a slide show player. I am trying to keep it on one disc as I have to send out 12 copies. I have 1000 images which at the resolution they are in now will fit on one disk. I need to be at about a level 3 on my images in the slide show for a decent quality that does not display banding.

What is 'level 3'?

-Kirk

Offline dougstroud

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 08:22:43 AM »
Level 3 is the quality of the jpg.
Also another issue- is w/ 1200 images the slide show is giving an error that the script is not working. Any experience here?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 08:55:44 PM »
Doug,

Level 3 is the quality of the jpg.

Where?  In Photoshop?

Quote from: dougstroud
Also another issue- is w/ 1200 images the slide show is giving an error that the script is not working. Any experience here?

Which slide show are you using?

-Kirk