Author Topic: Ingest question  (Read 2550 times)

Offline rimvydukas

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest question
« on: January 16, 2012, 09:00:47 AM »
Hi,

I know that I can ingest disks, I know that I can ingest folders, but my question is - is it possible to ingest particular files? I was not able to find such option:( I was not able to find some kind of filtering regarding such ingest:( Is it possible at all?

P.S. I've found the following thread:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=6304.0

And it seems that there is no selective ingest option available:( Kirk, is it possible to make the one as a lot of people request such a feature. I migrates to mac few weeks ago and I miss such feature so much. I used Breezesys Downloader pro till my migration for my photos imports and now I'm solely on PM, but I can't do selective ingests:(

Is it so hard to implement so simple feature?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:15:05 AM by rimvydukas »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest question
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 09:40:53 AM »
Hi,

I know that I can ingest disks, I know that I can ingest folders, but my question is - is it possible to ingest particular files? I was not able to find such option:( I was not able to find some kind of filtering regarding such ingest:( Is it possible at all?

P.S. I've found the following thread:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=6304.0

And it seems that there is no selective ingest option available:( Kirk, is it possible to make the one as a lot of people request such a feature. I migrates to mac few weeks ago and I miss such feature so much. I used Breezesys Downloader pro till my migration for my photos imports and now I'm solely on PM, but I can't do selective ingests:(

Is it so hard to implement so simple feature?

While we haven't attempted adding the feature yet, I don't think it is very difficult.  It is just a problem with time vs. payoff and our limited resources to do the work.  I would like to add this feature for version 5.0 but it may not make it in to the feature set due to the limited time remaining until release and the higher priority features that are ahead of this feature in our ToDo list.

-Kirk

Offline rimvydukas

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 12:24:57 PM »
Common, Kirk,

You've created such great and flexible software, you are answering to almost all questions in this forum (support is very good in there), i simply can't believe that such usefull and requested feature hasn't made its way into PM since 2006 especially it is not so hard to implement this feature:( your program is not cheap one, very flexible and i still think that such usefull feature must find its way to pm, maybe not in 5.0 but in 5.0.1 for sure:)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 03:56:05 PM »
Common, Kirk,

You've created such great and flexible software, you are answering to almost all questions in this forum (support is very good in there), i simply can't believe that such usefull and requested feature hasn't made its way into PM since 2006 especially it is not so hard to implement this feature:( your program is not cheap one, very flexible and i still think that such usefull feature must find its way to pm, maybe not in 5.0 but in 5.0.1 for sure:)

We shall see.

-Kirk