Author Topic: version 5 beta  (Read 2279 times)

Offline cestjack

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
version 5 beta
« on: July 06, 2012, 06:23:40 AM »
Same problems as others.
Received a mail with the possibility to download and test the version 5.
I have to register but the password doesn't match.
And i have no possibility to go back and work with my old version.
Perhaps my version is not eligible but: "As a current licensed user of Photo Mechanic (with upgrades are good through July 2012), you have the option to preview the beta for free before the final release version will be made available to the public in mid-July. This our way of saying, "Thank you!" for being loyal Camera Bits customers!".
So who's wrong ??
Need an answer very quickly !!!!!!!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: version 5 beta
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 07:14:17 AM »
I'd be happy to provide you a download link for any older version of Photo Mechanic that you need.  Please tell me what OS you're running and which version of Photo Mechanic you were previously running.

You can get PM 4.6.9 here:

http://camerabits.com/downloads/

As for who is wrong?  It is very likely that your current registration does not qualify for a free upgrade to Photo Mechanic: Version 5.  You can request a demo code by clicking on the [try] link at our home page:

http://camerabits.com

If you bought PM 4.6 more than a year ago or purchased an updates license more than a year ago, then PM 5 will not be a free upgrade for you.

I hope this solves your issue, and please let me know if it doesn't.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline cestjack

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 11:04:07 AM »
I don't want to use an old version.
I want to stay up to date.
I am a professionnal photographer and have no time to spent with bad or obsolete software.
That's the reason why i work with photo mechanic.
BUT you mailing is ver, very, very confuse.
Look at others posts.
Better to send two differents mail !!!

So, how to buy the upgrade ?????

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 11:09:24 AM »
I don't want to use an old version.
I want to stay up to date.
I am a professionnal photographer and have no time to spent with bad or obsolete software.
That's the reason why i work with photo mechanic.
BUT you mailing is ver, very, very confuse.
Look at others posts.
Better to send two differents mail !!!

So, how to buy the upgrade ?????

Photo Mechanic: Version 4.6.9 is the current release version.  It is not obsolete.

Photo Mechanic: Version 5 is in beta testing now and is known to have some issues.

If you want to purchase a new license you can buy one anytime from our store.  Please be aware that we're going to offer a discount in a pre-sales event coming soon.  If you just can't wait, our store is accessible from our website home page:

http://camerabits.com

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 01:14:26 PM »
I have to agree that the email notification was misleading.  Just read it again: 

"As a current licensed user of Photo Mechanic (with upgrades are good through July 2012), you have the option to preview the beta for free..."

This implies that you, the recipient of the email, ARE a current licensed user with upgrade good through July 2012, and therefore have the option to try the beta for free.  It should have said "IF you are a current licensed user..."

Or two different emails should have gone out.

For me, I was due to buy a new licence anyway, so I did straight away.  I have had very good value from the nearly four years of PM since I last upgraded my licence... time for payback :) 

And ... dang ... it seems I missed out on the discount by being too eager :)