Author Topic: Custom Sort  (Read 2918 times)

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
Custom Sort
« on: July 11, 2012, 06:07:26 PM »
PM 4.6.8 and OS 10.74
Recently I added a custom sort feature using filename base from the variables. I saved it and it appeared with a checkmark in the drop down list. I attempted to add a second sort feature of sort by Type, in this case attempting to separate NEFs from Jpegs. When saved, the sort by type entry replaced the filename base save. So my question is if there any way to save more than one custom sort? Thanks, Richard

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Custom Sort
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 11:03:12 PM »
Richard,

PM 4.6.8 and OS 10.74
Recently I added a custom sort feature using filename base from the variables. I saved it and it appeared with a checkmark in the drop down list. I attempted to add a second sort feature of sort by Type, in this case attempting to separate NEFs from Jpegs. When saved, the sort by type entry replaced the filename base save. So my question is if there any way to save more than one custom sort? Thanks, Richard

Yes, you can save up to 10 custom sorts.  You need to choose a different slot by changing the 'Edit item:' popup to an item you wish to reuse.  Then make your changes.

In your case you edited the same item twice and overwrote your first custom sort.

-Kirk

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
Re: Custom Sort
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 07:29:05 AM »
Many thanks Kirk. An easy fix, and now I'm sure programming isn't in my future.  ;) Richard