Author Topic: CLOSED Suggestion for version management  (Read 2156 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
CLOSED Suggestion for version management
« on: July 17, 2012, 09:19:38 PM »
I think it would be best to highlight the current PB Beta version in announcement section of the forum not the first beta:

It would also help us with error reports if the build number would be a selectable text on the about screen that could be copied to the clipboard.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:00:38 PM by szurkebarat »
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: OPEN Suggestion for version management
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 09:59:20 PM »
Szurkebarat,

The sticky post is always updated to have the latest download links.  It also has the introductory text explaining the beta program.  Its URL is the URL that appeared in the newsletter and on other websites that had our press release on them.  It has to stick around.  Anyone who decides to click on the link in the newsletter will get the very latest beta and be introduced to the beta program.

The other posts detail what was fixed or added in the release.  The most recent of them will also contain the same links as the sticky post.

I agree with you that the build number text could be selectable in the About box and this would make it easier to post issues on the forum.  Thanks for the idea!

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
Re: OPEN Suggestion for version management
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 02:00:24 PM »
Szurkebarat,

The sticky post is always updated to have the latest download links.  It also has the introductory text explaining the beta program.  Its URL is the URL that appeared in the newsletter and on other websites that had our press release on them.  It has to stick around.  Anyone who decides to click on the link in the newsletter will get the very latest beta and be introduced to the beta program.

The other posts detail what was fixed or added in the release.  The most recent of them will also contain the same links as the sticky post.

I see....no complaint then...
,-))

I agree with you that the build number text could be selectable in the About box and this would make it easier to post issues on the forum.  Thanks for the idea!

-Kirk

I'm happy this post was not totally pointless at least!
,-))

Sorry to consume your time!
Allways shooting RAW.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: CLOSED Suggestion for version management
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 02:03:23 PM »
No problem.  The suggestion for the selectable/copyable version string in the About box is great.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
Re: CLOSED Suggestion for version management
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 02:19:42 PM »
No problem.  The suggestion for the selectable/copyable version string in the About box is great.

Thanks,

-Kirk

After trying it the Nth time made it clear to me it is worth a question...
,-DDD
Allways shooting RAW.