Author Topic: Problems with manual arrangement in contact sheet  (Read 2358 times)

Offline bazography

• View Profile
Problems with manual arrangement in contact sheet
« on: July 26, 2012, 05:38:05 PM »
While in a contact sheet, PM has always allowed you to select the sort order (Filename, Capture Time etc) then manually drag any rogue photos into the right order. After dragging the first image, you would see the sort order switch to Arrangement. Unfortunately it appears to no longer work in PM5... unless I'm missing something.

In the current version, while viewing a contact sheet sorted by Capture Time, I tried unsuccessfully to drag a few out-of-order images into the correct order. I switched to various other sort orders but none of them would allow any manual sorting. The only way I could do any manual rearranging was to start off by selecting Arrangement first, but then I would loose the Capture Time sort that I needed for 99% of the photos I was working with (switching to Arrangement appears to sort by filename). 

Please tell me this is not by design... having the ability to choose a sort order first before tweaking the arrangement manually is what makes it such a great feature. 

I'm using the latest build released today, 13057 (acc29f8). Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problems with manual arrangement in contact sheet
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 05:42:02 PM »
Check your Contact Sheet preferences.  Make sure the "Only allow arrangements to occur when in Arrangement sort mode" is unchecked.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline bazography

• View Profile
Re: Problems with manual arrangement in contact sheet
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 05:51:20 PM »
Well, don't I just feel silly... I forgot that preference was there. Funny though... I always had that unchecked in the old version, so I guess the preference didn't hold when I installed PM5.
Thanks Kirk for the (usual) quick reply!