Author Topic: PM5 Beta - Program will not start  (Read 1963 times)

Offline davydct

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM5 Beta - Program will not start
« on: July 29, 2012, 08:28:53 AM »
I am trying PM5 beta on a AMD based computer with Win 7 SP 1 (all latest updates). My current PM4.9 is active until November 2012 and is working as normal.

I have downloaded Beta today (29 July) and installed as Admin and set up permission for my User login.   The install seemed to run as one would expect and the the program appears in the program list in control panel and the shortcut icon is on the desktop. I am having no problem with any other photo software, LR4, Qimage, Irfanview, etc.

CPU Type: HexaCore AMD Phenom II X6 1045T, 3139   
Motherboard Name: Asus Crosshair IV Formula  (2 PCI, 4 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM5 Beta - Program will not start
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 09:08:06 AM »
I am trying PM5 beta on a AMD based computer with Win 7 SP 1 (all latest updates). My current PM4.9 is active until November 2012 and is working as normal.

I have downloaded Beta today (29 July) and installed as Admin and set up permission for my User login.   The install seemed to run as one would expect and the the program appears in the program list in control panel and the shortcut icon is on the desktop. I am having no problem with any other photo software, LR4, Qimage, Irfanview, etc.

CPU Type: HexaCore AMD Phenom II X6 1045T, 3139   
Motherboard Name: Asus Crosshair IV Formula  (2 PCI, 4 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

What kind of message do you get when you try to startup PM 5?

-Kirk

Offline davydct

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 06:06:11 PM »
Kirk,

I get no message.  I click the desktop shortcut and the normal spinning circle appears and then stops.  After that  nothing, no message: checking task manager there is no sign of the application or any related processes.  The program appears to be installed correctly in the Camera Bits folder in the Programs X86 folder.  Attached is a jpeg of the files in the PM5 folder.

David

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 06:40:45 PM »
David,

I get no message.  I click the desktop shortcut and the normal spinning circle appears and then stops.  After that  nothing, no message: checking task manager there is no sign of the application or any related processes.  The program appears to be installed correctly in the Camera Bits folder in the Programs X86 folder.  Attached is a jpeg of the files in the PM5 folder.

Does it make any difference if you launch from the actual executable (Photo Mechanic.exe) instead of the shortcut?

-Kirk