Author Topic: No printer choice  (Read 3755 times)

Offline detnyteater

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
No printer choice
« on: August 27, 2012, 07:41:26 AM »
I am using PM Version 4.6.9. and am frustrated because there is no way I can connect the program to my color printer. When I used an older version of the program there was no problem, as I could choose the printer. Even if I exit the program, change my standard printer to my color printer and reenter the program, the prints still come out on the wrong printer. I have seen some discussion about this problem before here in this forum, if I remember right lastly in 2010 when Kirk said he would see what he could do in future versions. Is there any news on this? The way I use this program, this problem is a major irritation and frustration.
Regards, Birgit

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: No printer choice
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 07:45:29 AM »
I am using PM Version 4.6.9. and am frustrated because there is no way I can connect the program to my color printer. When I used an older version of the program there was no problem, as I could choose the printer. Even if I exit the program, change my standard printer to my color printer and reenter the program, the prints still come out on the wrong printer. I have seen some discussion about this problem before here in this forum, if I remember right lastly in 2010 when Kirk said he would see what he could do in future versions. Is there any news on this? The way I use this program, this problem is a major irritation and frustration.

Set your color printer as the system's default printer.  Open PM and hold down the Shift key while opening the Page Setup dialog (File->Page Setup...).  Your color printer will now be the printer that PM will print to.

-Kirk

Offline Brendan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 02:32:37 PM »
Set your color printer as the system's default printer.  Open PM and hold down the Shift key while opening the Page Setup dialog (File->Page Setup...).  Your color printer will now be the printer that PM will print to.

-Kirk

this is a bit like "experimental" (and, unfortunaltely - hidden) - can you just make a normal printer dialog like all other software has?
using the latest version of PM on win10

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 06:31:15 AM »
Oh yes PLEASE ... give us a usable printing dialogue were one can select printers, papers, print quality, preview ect.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ...

-Kirk

this is a bit like "experimental" (and, unfortunaltely - hidden) - can you just make a normal printer dialog like all other software has?