Author Topic: PM 5 Preferences - 'Selected set colour' and 'Selected set text colour'?  (Read 1948 times)

Offline focusfinder

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
In the Preview panel of PM 5 Preferences, what do 'Selected set colour' and 'Selected set text colour' mean?

Thank you!

Also, I've checked and unchecked the 'Show soft rotation indicator' in the Preview panel , but can't see any indicator (?)

PM 5, OS X 10.8.1

« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 05:02:28 PM by focusfinder »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 5 Preferences - 'Selected set colour' and 'Selected set text colour'?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 06:15:43 PM »
In the Preview panel of PM 5 Preferences, what do 'Selected set colour' and 'Selected set text colour' mean?

They're colors used in the thumbnail strip when you have it set to view only the selected set of items.

Quote from: focusfinder
Also, I've checked and unchecked the 'Show soft rotation indicator' in the Preview panel , but can't see any indicator (?)

It's visible in the thumbnail strip.

-Kirk

Offline focusfinder

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 05:41:52 AM »
Ok, thanks, I understand now! I always have the thumbnail strip collapsed in the preview window, so when I was making changes to these preferences I couldn't see anything happening.

Re. 'soft rotation indicator' - An icon is displayed for all the vertical shots I take with my D700 (I have the camera set to flip them the right way up). Is that how it should be?

Feature Request. It would be nice to have more 'Restore To Defaults' buttons in the Preferences - particularly with regard to color elements of the interface, which I imagine you spent some time to get looking good, and can easily be messed up by the user :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 06:14:21 AM »
Ok, thanks, I understand now! I always have the thumbnail strip collapsed in the preview window, so when I was making changes to these preferences I couldn't see anything happening.

Re. 'soft rotation indicator' - An icon is displayed for all the vertical shots I take with my D700 (I have the camera set to flip them the right way up). Is that how it should be?

Correct.

Quote from: focusfinder
Feature Request. It would be nice to have more 'Restore To Defaults' buttons in the Preferences - particularly with regard to color elements of the interface, which I imagine you spent some time to get looking good, and can easily be messed up by the user :)

Feel free to re-post this in the Feature Requests board.

-Kirk