Author Topic: Camera Raw Image Settings  (Read 2193 times)

Offline fotograhn

• View Profile
Camera Raw Image Settings
« on: September 25, 2012, 09:08:33 AM »
When I launch Adobe Camera Raw (CS6) with selected RAW images (.CR2) from PM5 everything works fine. The changed image is saved as JPEG to the same folder, so the thumbnail in PM5 is updated accordingly and the image title has the ".cr2+jpg" suffix.

Sometimes I need to do a second version of the same image, I then launch Adobe Camera Raw again. But now it only opens up the original raw image, without any adjustments (cropping and so forth).

What can I do to have the RAW image open up several times with the most recent Camera Raw adjustments?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Camera Raw Image Settings
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 09:11:03 AM »
Save your JPEG file again each time you make an adjustment in ACR.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline fotograhn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 09:52:51 AM »
Thanks for your prompt reply Kirk, but I don't understand how that is different from what I already do? I do save the developed copy as a JPG. After each development adjustments in Camera Raw I save the copy as a JPG. How do you mean I should act instead?

The second time I open the same image in CS6 Camera Raw, the previous adjustments seems to have disappeared, so I must redo everything: cropping, dodging, burning, etc...

The second time, I would like CS6 to open the RAW image (.CR2) again together with all the previously made adjustments, and to go on from that point. That's how it was before with PM4. But now when I ask PM5 to launch CS6, it always open the unedited raw image everytime.

I'm sorry for my bad english, but I hope it make sense anyway :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 11:24:54 AM »
Thanks for your prompt reply Kirk, but I don't understand how that is different from what I already do? I do save the developed copy as a JPG. After each development adjustments in Camera Raw I save the copy as a JPG. How do you mean I should act instead?

The second time I open the same image in CS6 Camera Raw, the previous adjustments seems to have disappeared, so I must redo everything: cropping, dodging, burning, etc...

The second time, I would like CS6 to open the RAW image (.CR2) again together with all the previously made adjustments, and to go on from that point. That's how it was before with PM4. But now when I ask PM5 to launch CS6, it always open the unedited raw image everytime.

I'm sorry for my bad english, but I hope it make sense anyway :)

Change your RAW writing preferences to no longer embed XMP into your RAW files.  ACR is using the embedded XMP data instead of the sidecar XMP file and since ACR doesn't update the embedded XMP your settings are being ignored the next time you edit.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:26:53 AM by Kirk Baker »

Offline fotograhn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 02:20:40 PM »
Thank you very much Kirk. That did it! I knew it was easy to solve, I just couldn't figure it out for myself.