Author Topic: Sationary Pad file location  (Read 3735 times)

Offline ostonica

• View Profile
Sationary Pad file location
« on: November 05, 2012, 11:03:58 AM »
Please could you tell me the location and name of the default "Stationary Pad" file. PM 5.

I fear that I have lost the file while doing a new windows 8 install. I backed up all my personal files, but forgot about PM files that could be in program folders :-))

Thanks

Jim

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sationary Pad file location
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 11:36:33 AM »
Jim,

It's in your Photo Mechanic preferences data.

To get any more specific, I'd need to know what OS platform you run.

-Kirk

Offline ostonica

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 11:55:13 AM »
I mentioned that in the original post, Kirk, Windows 8, the earlier install was in windows 7. I found a lot of PM files and folders in the appdata folder of my backup, but dont see anything specific to the Stationary pad. If I copy everything from the original photo Mechanic folder in appdata/romind to the current version of that folder, will there be anby negative side effects.

Thanks

Jim

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 02:02:07 PM »
Jim,

I mentioned that in the original post, Kirk, Windows 8, the earlier install was in windows 7. I found a lot of PM files and folders in the appdata folder of my backup, but dont see anything specific to the Stationary pad. If I copy everything from the original photo Mechanic folder in appdata/romind to the current version of that folder, will there be anby negative side effects.

Sorry, I missed that.

If the system is the same computer and the drive letters are all going to be the same, then you can indeed copy the whole thing over and it should work fine.  The Stationery Pad is stored in the com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.prefsdb file.

-Kirk

Offline ostonica

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 03:48:39 PM »
Many thanks, Kirk.

I copied the whole Photo Mechanics folder over from  Camera Bits, Inc folder in the backup of AppData/Roaming and everything is fine.

Jim