Author Topic: BIB / Number recognition  (Read 3716 times)

Offline Juels

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
BIB / Number recognition
« on: November 27, 2012, 11:31:53 PM »
Hi,

I shoot many sports events and would love if bib number recognition could be part of the keyword section of the IPTC. 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: BIB / Number recognition
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 12:56:24 AM »
I shoot many sports events and would love if bib number recognition could be part of the keyword section of the IPTC.

Are you talking about PM analyzing the image in search of numbers?

-Kirk

Offline devenh

• View Profile
Re: BIB / Number recognition
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 09:49:48 PM »
Are you talking about PM analyzing the image in search of numbers?

Oh yeah, that would be sweet!!!

Seriously, I shoot a ton of bib shots.  My task is simplified somewhat since there is only one athlete per photo in the sport I shoot, so only one bib number to key in.  I dedicate one of the IPTC fields to hold the bib number.

I usually shoot a burst of 3-5 shots per athlete.  What would be helpful is a way to copy the IPTC info from the first image in the sequence to the remaining images with the minimum number of keystrokes without leaving the IPTC dialog box.  The most efficient means I've found of doing this is to use a Belkin n52 game controller that allows the keys to be programmed.  In this way I can program a single key to execute multiple PM commands.

Yes, Copy and Paste work, but they are not keystroke efficient.  Copy & Advance and Paste & Advance would be better.  Better yet would be "Paste to next X seconds" where all photos within the next X seconds would get their IPTC info updated.

Deven