Author Topic: Crop on JPG not on NEF  (Read 1538 times)

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
Crop on JPG not on NEF
« on: January 29, 2013, 02:31:22 PM »
I shoot RAW files - On this shot i have a JPG also - Problem - I was trying to save as applying a crop - I could not get it to save the new file with the crop. Finally I seperated the RAW  & JPG - the crop was on the JPG not the raw and my setting was to use the RAW file. Very annoying & time consuming but I figured it out. Is it possible to have the crop on both? I'm not sure if they were seperate when the crop was added (Not usual).
Just something you might want to look at.
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Crop on JPG not on NEF
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 08:14:51 AM »
Joe,

I shoot RAW files - On this shot i have a JPG also - Problem - I was trying to save as applying a crop - I could not get it to save the new file with the crop. Finally I seperated the RAW  & JPG - the crop was on the JPG not the raw and my setting was to use the RAW file. Very annoying & time consuming but I figured it out. Is it possible to have the crop on both? I'm not sure if they were seperate when the crop was added (Not usual).

I did a test on my system.  RAW (CR2) + JPEG.  Set a crop on the paired RAW+JPEG.  Changed the View to show them separately.  Both images have the same crop.

If you can tell me how to reliably reproduce the issue, I'll be happy to pursue a solution.

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
Re: Crop on JPG not on NEF
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 06:52:58 PM »
I don't know exactly - The JPG was a slight crop from the full raw file - I normally do not seperate RAW & JPG.
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com