Author Topic: movie thumbnails  (Read 2128 times)

Offline olidie

• View Profile
movie thumbnails
« on: February 10, 2013, 02:08:55 AM »
Hi,

I recently purchased a Nikon V1 that I also use to take little videos (.mov). Although I installed Quicktime PM 5 (build 13645, Win 7 x64) does not show any thumbnails/icons of the movie files whereas 4.6.9 running on my laptop does. I don't care for the thumbnail to show a real picture I just need to be able to grab the file in PM and move it.

Any idea why PM5 doesn't show the movie icons but the old version does? A settings problem?

Regards,
Oliver
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 02:12:20 AM by olidie »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: movie thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 07:10:35 AM »
Oliver,

I recently purchased a Nikon V1 that I also use to take little videos (.mov). Although I installed Quicktime PM 5 (build 13645, Win 7 x64) does not show any thumbnails/icons of the movie files whereas 4.6.9 running on my laptop does. I don't care for the thumbnail to show a real picture I just need to be able to grab the file in PM and move it.

Any idea why PM5 doesn't show the movie icons but the old version does? A settings problem?

No.  It should show them.  Is QuickTime actually working on your system?

-Kirk

Offline olidie

• View Profile
Re: movie thumbnails
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 01:48:18 AM »
As far as I can tell QT works. I can open the player and play the .mov files. I don't see any video thumbnails in my "inbox" folder where pictures&videos are imported to. If I activate "show unknown files as proxies" I see xmp and xip files but still no mov. Strangely I see .mov thumbnails with previews when I open my video folder where all the video files are manually moved to after they've been imported to in inbox. But no video files shown in my inbox altough there are files.

oliver