Photo Mechanic > Support

Ingest and naming photos.

(1/2) > >>

Carl Ray:
I would like to use the variable "actuations"  with the date to name my pictures. When I use it I get the message that all my files will be named with the same name and it won't let me proceed? Since each picture should have a different accuation I don't see why it can't be used. I could use it with a _{sequence} and then use a renameing program to remove the unwanted part. Is there any way to get it to use the naming without the error message?

{year2}{month0}{dayo}_cjr{actuations}

My reasoning is that I have a 6 digit number that way and it won't repeat often enough to cause me any problems. I now use the {filename} variable but it does repeat before a year is up. It uses four digits.

The other item is when I use the {filename} variable I would like my initials to be in small letters instead of capitals.

Thanks and I really like your program and glad I purchased it........Carl

Kirk Baker:
Carl,

--- Quote from: Carl Ray on November 26, 2006, 04:58:34 PM ---I would like to use the variable "actuations"  with the date to name my pictures. When I use it I get the message that all my files will be named with the same name and it won't let me proceed? Since each picture should have a different accuation I don't see why it can't be used. I could use it with a _{sequence} and then use a renameing program to remove the unwanted part. Is there any way to get it to use the naming without the error message?

{year2}{month0}{dayo}_cjr{actuations}

My reasoning is that I have a 6 digit number that way and it won't repeat often enough to cause me any problems. I now use the {filename} variable but it does repeat before a year is up. It uses four digits.

The other item is when I use the {filename} variable I would like my initials to be in small letters instead of capitals.

Thanks and I really like your program and glad I purchased it........Carl
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately the actuation count is often unavailable or are unreliable.  How about using the {frame} number instead?

HTH,

-Kirk

Carl Ray:

--- Quote ---Unfortunately the actuation count is often unavailable or are unreliable.  How about using the {frame} number instead?

--- End quote ---

Thanks Kirk. I have been using the filename which is the same as the frame number. Guess if it works I won't change it. With the date and filename I don't think I would get any simililar numbers anyway.

Just wanted to have more numbers available than the 9999 of the frames before repeating. I can use actuations in the information window and it works fine. I doubt that a mark 11n would miss any actuations count and it would go up to 999,999 count.

Thanks for replying.

Kirk Baker:
Carl,

--- Quote from: Carl Ray on November 27, 2006, 12:30:35 PM ---
--- Quote ---Unfortunately the actuation count is often unavailable or are unreliable.  How about using the {frame} number instead?

--- End quote ---

Thanks Kirk. I have been using the filename which is the same as the frame number. Guess if it works I won't change it. With the date and filename I don't think I would get any simililar numbers anyway.

Just wanted to have more numbers available than the 9999 of the frames before repeating. I can use actuations in the information window and it works fine. I doubt that a mark 11n would miss any actuations count and it would go up to 999,999 count.

Thanks for replying.
--- End quote ---

You do have one of the several models of DSLRs that the actuation count is very reliable.  I'll look into a solution.

-Kirk

Carl Ray:
Thanks Kirk. Don't spend too much valuable time on it. I can live without using the actuations if it causes a lot of trouble.

It would be nice if we could over ride the popup warning at our own risk. I can understand why it is there and would be more upsetting if someone used it and had dup names, overwriting some of their files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version