Author Topic: A request from my photo editor  (Read 1765 times)

Offline clphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
A request from my photo editor
« on: April 24, 2013, 07:10:54 PM »
I'm shooting stills for a major TV network show.  I shoot Jpeg & RAW, unprocessed or tweaked.  I'm shooting with 4 different bodies, all with different sensors and jpeg file sizes.  Starting the 3rd season I get the following message from a new photo editor.....

"Jpeg file size should be 8x12 inches at 300 dpi at a jpeg quality of 10. 3600 pixels for the longest dimension also works. This is to help me manage all file sizes. Otherwise I have to resize them when I get the deliver"

So....what do I wanna do in PM (V5) so that everything jpeg wise (from a Nikon d800, d600, d7000 and Fuji x20) comes out the same.  They only use the jpegs for approvals reviews and selections then do the actual work from the RAW's  (I'm hoping)

Thanks     Chris

Offline clphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: A request from my photo editor
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 07:12:51 PM »
I'm on a macbook pro, 10.8.3, 8 gig ram, intel core i7

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: A request from my photo editor
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 08:22:55 PM »
Chris,

I'm shooting stills for a major TV network show.  I shoot Jpeg & RAW, unprocessed or tweaked.  I'm shooting with 4 different bodies, all with different sensors and jpeg file sizes.  Starting the 3rd season I get the following message from a new photo editor.....

"Jpeg file size should be 8x12 inches at 300 dpi at a jpeg quality of 10. 3600 pixels for the longest dimension also works. This is to help me manage all file sizes. Otherwise I have to resize them when I get the deliver"

So....what do I wanna do in PM (V5) so that everything jpeg wise (from a Nikon d800, d600, d7000 and Fuji x20) comes out the same.  They only use the jpegs for approvals reviews and selections then do the actual work from the RAW's  (I'm hoping)

Put an 8x12 crop on your photos in the Preview window.  Use the Save as dialog and use the image scaling to a box size of 3600 pixels.  Or if you're uploading, you can do this in any of the Uploader templates.

-Kirk