Author Topic: Open director does not show links / Network PCs etc  (Read 1311 times)

Offline fnuernberger

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Open director does not show links / Network PCs etc
« on: July 10, 2013, 02:43:11 AM »
I am running Photo Mechanic version 5, build 13915 (a16ea69) on Windows 7x64.

The "open folder dialog" and the "select destination directory" show a weird behaviour.
First of all, it doesn't show my network paths anymore and I can only  select folders which are in my user directory.
If I do enter a network adress manually to the select folder's line, it does work and finds all the directories I need.

It also starts with a "double-desktop option" as shown in the screenshot above. So, in order to access a folder on my desktop, I need to click on my "user name on the computer", then click on desktop which seems to reside below my user name. However, from this structure, I can not access the c: folder or a network folder.

All that was not a problem with PM4.x. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Frank

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Open director does not show links / Network PCs etc
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 06:22:53 AM »
I have no idea why that would happen to you.  That dialog is provided by the Windows OS.  We make a call to the OS to show that dialog and when it returns, it gives us the path to the folder you have chosen.

There are other ways of opening a folder in Photo Mechanic that may work better for you.  There is the Navigator and the Favorites panes and both of them can open folders as a contact sheet and have more options than the 'open folder' dialog that isn't working correctly for you.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 07:11:08 AM by Kirk Baker »