Author Topic: Deleted photo  (Read 1821 times)

Offline henrikpetit

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Deleted photo
« on: August 23, 2013, 01:48:51 AM »
I came by accident to press the delete key and a photo was deleted. But the picture was not moved in the trash, as it or is set in the preferences. Now I can not find the picture anywhere. Are there any ideas for a solution?

Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 13915 on Mac OS 10.7.5

Regards Henrik Petit

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Deleted photo
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 06:25:26 AM »
Henrik,

I came by accident to press the delete key and a photo was deleted. But the picture was not moved in the trash, as it or is set in the preferences. Now I can not find the picture anywhere. Are there any ideas for a solution?

If the image was on a server then the image is gone.  Otherwise it should be in the Trash if you had set PM to move items to the Trash instead of deleting.  Servers don't have a "Trash" folder.  Did you also turn off delete confirmation?  The delete confirmation dialog will tell you that servers will delete the file immediately before you OK the dialog.

-Kirk

Offline henrikpetit

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 03:56:26 AM »
Kirk,

Thanks for your reply. The photo I deleted was located on a external hard disk. I assume that it is the same as a server.
/Henrik

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 07:16:10 AM »
An external hard drive should have a Trash, but remember that you will need to have the external drive plugged in to see it.