Photo Mechanic > Support

Several dialogs have a "lightning bolt" button, what does it do?

(1/2) > >>

gterrell26:
Many dialogs including the IPTC Stationary Pad have a lightning bolt button (lower, left on that dialog).  There is no mouse-over and the click action says "Save...".   Saves what?  The IPTC info seems to autosave so I am puzzled as to what this button does :)?

Thanks from a newbie learning the ropes,
GT

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: gterrell26 on May 07, 2006, 07:53:39 AM ---Many dialogs including the IPTC Stationary Pad have a lightning bolt button (lower, left on that dialog).  There is no mouse-over and the click action says "Save...".   Saves what?  The IPTC info seems to autosave so I am puzzled as to what this button does :)?
--- End quote ---

It saves all of the settings of the given dialog into a file that you can later quickly access and reload again.  Otherwise, you only get one setting per dialog.  You get to name the setting however you like and when you click on that menu button again your named settings will appear on the menu.  Choosing one of the items will load it in and you're all set.

HTH,

-Kirk

mzachs:
How do you delete a name from the pull down menu of the "lighning bolt?"
Thanks,
Mitchell Zachs
http://www.MagicalPhotos.com/

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: mzachs on May 10, 2006, 03:14:22 PM ---How do you delete a name from the pull down menu of the "lighning bolt?"
--- End quote ---

See this post.

-Kirk

schammy77:
Kirk-

Is there a way to use my "saved" lightning bolt settings on another computer?

I have several settings saved in many different dialog boxes on my desktop computer and would like to use them on my laptop out in the field.

It there a way to do this?

James
SchammerhornPhoto.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version