Author Topic: Locked/Tag Photos 'Stripped' on Ingest  (Read 2460 times)

Offline mcarlson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Locked/Tag Photos 'Stripped' on Ingest
« on: October 10, 2013, 10:05:22 PM »
Searched and couldn't find anything, so apologies.  Having an issue lately where tagged/locked images are either not being ingested, or are stripped of the tag on ingest.  If I open a contact sheet straight from the card I can see and sort by the tagged images, but not when the same card is ingested.  I'm using PM 5.0, build 13915 (a16ea99) on a OSX 10.8.5, the 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7.

I particularly notice it more regularly when I'm working in a group and an editor has loaded the tagged image to his/her machine, and then tries to ingest the same card to my computer - trouble with ingesting the tags.

However, tonight it simply stripped all the tags/locks on ingest.  Frustrating.  Help, please...

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
Re: Locked/Tag Photos 'Stripped' on Ingest
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 10:15:04 PM »
Hi!

Are you and / or the editor applying the IPTC-Stationary-Pad during ingest?

If yes please check the following from the stationary (see image)

Sven

[attachment deleted by admin]
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Offline mcarlson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 10:31:14 AM »
So, to clarify - should these be checked or unchecked?  Just clarifying as your visual had them checked...(or did you mean "check" as in look at...)  Basically, what should I do with these settings?

Offline Sven

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 10:34:48 AM »
If these settings are unchecked in the IPTC-Stationary there will be NO changes to any of these options.
If you check one or more of them you can modify the files with the activated and selected options. (mark all the images with a 3-* rating, a green color and tagged)
After 5 years of absence I restarted the photography.

Offline Andre Ringuette

• Newcomer
  • NHL Photographer
    • View Profile
    • FREESTYLE PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 08:22:48 AM »
To maybe clarify the initial question and answer using my own experience recently (since using Canon 1DX):

1-Images copied from CF card folder into new folder via desktop drag: Tags are removed when new folder is opened in PM.
2-CF Folder opened in PM, and then copied to new desktop folder: Tags remain.

Have also found:
-when applying ratings to images in new folder from option 1 above into yet third folder: ratings are also removed. This does not happen if going option 2.

Basically: any copy that is done from the desktop, PM does not recognize tags/ratings.

Have only seen this since changing to 1DX.

PM v5  build 13645. (Have upgraded to latest one and will test.)
OSX 10.7.5 2.4GHz i7
1Dx Formware 1.2.4
Official Photographer of the Ottawa Senators.

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 06:45:39 PM »
To maybe clarify the initial question and answer using my own experience recently (since using Canon 1DX):

1-Images copied from CF card folder into new folder via desktop drag: Tags are removed when new folder is opened in PM.
2-CF Folder opened in PM, and then copied to new desktop folder: Tags remain.

Have also found:
-when applying ratings to images in new folder from option 1 above into yet third folder: ratings are also removed. This does not happen if going option 2.

Basically: any copy that is done from the desktop, PM does not recognize tags/ratings.

Have only seen this since changing to 1DX.

PM v5  build 13645. (Have upgat raded to latest one and will test.)
OSX 10.7.5 2.4GHz i7
1Dx Formware 1.2.4

Hi,
What happens when you use the option "ingest" in PM menu?
regards,

-Luiz Muzzi