Author Topic: naming  (Read 10400 times)

Offline norman heng

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
naming
« on: December 23, 2006, 08:42:43 AM »
Hi Kirk, while renaming 10D crw files after ingest with 'filename_{frame4}',  some files are names correctly, some are not.  CRW_3129.crw would renamed as filename_1312, CRW_3214.crw would rename as filename_2321.crw. What can I do to rename correctly ? I am using PM 4433 and OS 10.3.9.

Thanks

Norman

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: naming
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 10:05:26 AM »
Norman,

Hi Kirk, while renaming 10D crw files after ingest with 'filename_{frame4}',  some files are names correctly, some are not.  CRW_3129.crw would renamed as filename_1312, CRW_3214.crw would rename as filename_2321.crw. What can I do to rename correctly ? I am using PM 4433 and OS 10.3.9.

Are the corresponding .THM files in the same directory?

-Kirk

Offline norman heng

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 06:15:18 PM »
Hi Kirk, thanks for the prompt reply.  The files do come with the corresponding .THM or thm files but not  the xip files.  I just discover another files with the same situation which have the .thm but not the .xip files.

Norman

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 04:54:42 PM »
Norman,

Hi Kirk, thanks for the prompt reply.  The files do come with the corresponding .THM or thm files but not  the xip files.  I just discover another files with the same situation which have the .thm but not the .xip files.

How did these files get onto your system?

Well, I think all you would need to do is tag and then untag the files and then the renaming with {frame4} would work just fine then.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline norman heng

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 09:33:06 PM »
Hi Kirk,  thanks for the solution. It work fine now. Thanks for taking the time on the eve of Christmas to answer my question. I appreciated your help.

I ingest them using PM. May be I have trashed one of the problem files and get it back there after.  Can I avoid this situation if I name them during ingest ? And what is the cause of this so I can avoid it in the future ?

Merry Christmas to You.

Norman

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 10:37:04 AM »
Norman,

Hi Kirk,  thanks for the solution. It work fine now. Thanks for taking the time on the eve of Christmas to answer my question. I appreciated your help.

I ingest them using PM. May be I have trashed one of the problem files and get it back there after.  Can I avoid this situation if I name them during ingest ? And what is the cause of this so I can avoid it in the future ?

Merry Christmas to You.

It appears to be the lack of the .XIP files that was causing the problem.  Renaming during Ingest should work, and obviously tagging and untagging should cause the .XIP files to be generated which should fix the issue.  If the problem persists then please let me know so I can look into the issue further.

Merry Christmas to you too.

-Kirk

Offline norman heng

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 04:58:53 PM »
Many thanks Kirk,  it work as you said, both re-ingesting and tagging, untagging. What are xip files by the way? 

Norman

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 05:43:02 PM »
Norman,

Many thanks Kirk,  it work as you said, both re-ingesting and tagging, untagging. What are xip files by the way? 

XIP files contain the Image Preferences we usually tag onto the end of various file types.  CRW files do not lend themselves to this type of data appending so we put the data into an XIP sidecar file.  (XIP stands for Xml Image Preferences.)

-Kirk

Offline norman heng

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 05:49:22 PM »
Kirk, thanks for the infomation.  Why are some files lack of the xip files ?

Norman

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 07:22:51 PM »
Norman,

Kirk, thanks for the infomation.  Why are some files lack of the xip files ?

If some of the files were not Ingested and were copied with the OS to your system then they wouldn't have XIP files.

-Kirk

Offline norman heng

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 08:02:29 PM »
Many thanks Kirk for all your help.

Norman