Author Topic: RAW files not showing in latest version  (Read 1352 times)

Offline chrislofotos

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
RAW files not showing in latest version
« on: November 20, 2013, 12:37:20 PM »
Since downloading the latest version of Photo Mechanic I'm having an odd problem with some of my Canon RAW files.
In windows explorer I initially download my latest RAW files into a new folders and after converting these to TIFFs I move the edited TIFFS into a new subfolder.
On opening Photo Mechanic these latest additions only display the TIFF folder images and not the RAW! If I then go into Windows Explorer to see if the RAW files are still there, which they are, on returning to Photo Mechanic the RAW files have now appeared.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong or is it a bug?
Many thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: RAW files not showing in latest version
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 06:13:22 PM »
What happens if you browse a folder containing only RAW files?

Also you say that you download your images with Windows Explorer.   Why aren't you using Ingest in Photo Mechanic?

-Kirk

Offline chrislofotos

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: RAW files not showing in latest version
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 01:21:59 AM »
Hi Kirk,

Many thanks for your reply!

Firstly I must apologise for not being clearer regarding my workflow! I don't use explore to download my images, I use Canon Image and Zoom Browser; it's a programme I've been using for years and have become familiar with.
RAW file folders that are already in my library are displaying normally in PM, the issue has only occurred on my latest downloads and the upgraded version of PM!
I have just re-installed PM and added another RAW image folder, the problem appears to have resolved itself!
I'm just wondering if there is something in the PM preferences default that caused this in the first place?
I think I will have a go at changing my workflow and start using the PM ingest command instead, I'm afraid I'm a bit stuck in my ways as have been using the same workflow for more years than I care to mention!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to reply, especially as this is my first post on this forum!

Chris :)