Author Topic: Quick Search Not Working  (Read 3062 times)

Offline garrettrichardson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Quick Search Not Working
« on: April 28, 2014, 02:52:16 PM »
After ingesting my cards, I want to search for the file number in the Quick Search section to double check that I've properly ingested all of my files before renaming and moving forward with my workflow. However, the Quick Search function to find a file number is not able to find anything I search for. I've toggled with different settings to make sure it's not any boxes that are unchecked and have been out of luck. I've updated the software and restarted the Photo Mechanic and the computer multiple times - Can someone help shed light on this for me?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Quick Search Not Working
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 05:11:54 PM »
After ingesting my cards, I want to search for the file number in the Quick Search section to double check that I've properly ingested all of my files before renaming and moving forward with my workflow. However, the Quick Search function to find a file number is not able to find anything I search for. I've toggled with different settings to make sure it's not any boxes that are unchecked and have been out of luck. I've updated the software and restarted the Photo Mechanic and the computer multiple times - Can someone help shed light on this for me?

What specifically are you searching for (what are you entering in the search box)?  And what part of an image's metadata do you expect to find it in?  Where are the files located?  (local drive? network drive?)  Have you limited the Quick Search to the current contact sheet?  If so, are the images you're searching for in the current contact sheet?

You're going to have to give me more specifics before I can help you.

-Kirk