Author Topic: FTP dialogue SEND and CLOSE buttons not functioning  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Joel Goodman

• View Profile
FTP dialogue SEND and CLOSE buttons not functioning
« on: March 24, 2014, 06:39:32 AM »
I've just installed PM 4.6.9 on on Windows XP computer.
All seems well until I attempt to FTP a photo. The dialogue is populated with all the required information but neither the "SEND" or "CLOSE" buttons in the "File uploader" dialogue actually function - nothing happens when they're selected.
The "CANCEL" button works though.
I've tried using different connections, deleting the FTP connection and re-entering it and even uninstalling and reinstalling PM itself, but the issue remains.
Can anyone advise on this?
Thanks,
Joel.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP dialogue SEND and CLOSE buttons not functioning
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 06:46:35 AM »
Joel,

If I had to guess, I think it is because of your importing preferences from a newer version of PM to an older version of PM.  Like I said earlier, this has not been tested (to my knowledge you're the first person to try it) and is not supported at this time.

You can certainly go and selectively remove various preferences data until it begins to work for you.  Connection Settings may be the problem, but it may be the overall template settings that are the problem (PM4 didn't have some of the features PM5 does, like the JPEG sizing options).

The uploader template settings are in the following path:

<your PM prefs folder>\fileupload\templates\builtin\

There should be a FTP.yml file and possibly a FTP-conn.yml file.  You may need to delete both of them.  You could rename them or move them to a different folder instead of deleting.

-Kirk

Offline Joel Goodman

• View Profile
Re: FTP dialogue SEND and CLOSE buttons not functioning
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 07:27:07 AM »
Thanks Kirk,
I moved all the preferences to a safe place as you advised and the buttons worked again.
I had to re-enter all the FTP connections anew (which was what I was hoping to avoid) so I think, for now, the easiest way to move from PM5 to PM4 is to manually move snapshots only and enter any other config from scratch, rather than use the export/import option. I don't know which of the options (or the fact of the process) is responsible for the issues I had.
Best,
Joel.