Author Topic: Edit Photo With  (Read 2702 times)

Offline scwerden

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Edit Photo With
« on: April 16, 2014, 05:25:39 PM »
Hi,
I'm having an issue with "Edit Photo With". In an old version 10 of Photoshop Elements (Mac) NEF (Nikon) photos opened in Camera Raw from PM automatically. Now, I have PE version 12 and using "Open Photos With" only opens a RAW photo in PE but with no image and never opens the "Camera RAW" editor as it used to do. I have set the correct version of PE in preferences and JPG's open PE as usual.
What am I missing?
Thanks
Stowell

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Edit Photo With
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 06:19:11 PM »
Stowell,

I'm having an issue with "Edit Photo With". In an old version 10 of Photoshop Elements (Mac) NEF (Nikon) photos opened in Camera Raw from PM automatically. Now, I have PE version 12 and using "Open Photos With" only opens a RAW photo in PE but with no image and never opens the "Camera RAW" editor as it used to do. I have set the correct version of PE in preferences and JPG's open PE as usual.
What am I missing?

Make sure you choose the actual application and not the shortcut/alias to the application.  I don't have Photoshop Elements 12, but in PsE 11, there is a "Support Files" folder that contains the Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor application.  It is the actual editor that you want to choose.

-Kirk

Offline scwerden

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Edit Photo With
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 09:34:05 PM »
WOW, you are quite correct - problem solved
Thanks
Stowell